Thermage is a non-invasive Radio Frequency (RF) treatment aimed at improving the look and feel of the aging skin in your eyelids. Thermage can also be used to enhance the look of the skin in other areas of your body. This treatment was approved by the Food and Drug Administration in 2002. Thermage uses RF technology to stimulate the production of elastin and collagen in the dermis layer of your skin and to contour the subcutaneous tissues. It plays a significant role in the process of natural skin renewal, making it look youthful.
Thermage has several applications. It is used non-surgically to lift and tighten the eyelid skin. It is beneficial for:
- Reducing fine wrinkles found above and below the eye
- Tightening loose skin on the upper and lower eyelids
- Making the eyes appear wider
- Maintaining the results obtained by an eyelid surgery
Who is the Best Candidate for Thermage?
Thermage is suitable for several categories of people. These individuals:
- Are physically healthy
- Are psychologically stable
- Want a more youthful look
- Want to improve their facial appearance
- Want quicker recovery than is possible with surgical procedures
- Previously have had a facelift and need further tightening of their skin
- Are informed about the results of the procedure
- Have realistic expectations for the procedure
Preparation for Thermage
Preparation for Thermage depends on the individual candidate. First, you need to understand the procedure. During your initial consultation, our team will explain to you all aspects of the treatment and also carry out an evaluation of your condition. We will then advise you depending on the results of your evaluation. Make sure to tell the doctor about any skin care products you use and ask if they are acceptable for the procedure. There are no pre-procedure preparations like fasting or bloodwork. But if you will undergo a more rigorous Thermage treatment, then we can give you painkillers before the treatment starts.
The Thermage Procedure
Thermage is an office-based treatment and often takes about one hour, but this will also depend on the condition and size of the treatment area. The doctor uses a hand piece equipment known as a Thermatip to deliver a controlled amount of RF energy to the skin. As the tip touches the surface, the device uniformly heats a large volume of collagen in the layers that lie deep in the skin and underlying tissues. As it does this, it also protects the outer skin layer by cooling it.
The deep heating, when performed uniformly, causes the loose collagen structures contained in your skin to tighten immediately. As time passes, the skin produces new, remodeled collagen to tighten the skin further, and the result is a smoother, healthier skin and a more youthful appearance.
Benefits of the Thermage Treatment
The Thermage treatment has several advantages for the person who undergoes the procedure. These include:
- No recovery or downtime for you
- You may return to work immediately
- No cuts, surgical drains, bruising, sutures or swelling
- You only need a single treatment
If you are suffering from loose, uneven skin, lines or wrinkles on your eyelids, then Thermage treatment is a good option for you. Contact us at Facial Aesthetic Concepts, and we’ll create a treatment option that is tailored to your needs.